Friday 20 January 2012

Epilogue blogue

OK, not many people are following me at all, but if you have stayed with me through my personal computer hell, here's THE END.

Yesterday, Steven promised me that my new laptop would be delivered on the 24th. He was quite specific. They couldn't do it any earlier, but if the 24th wasn't convenient, he could change it to a later date. I agreed that it would be fine, and that if I had to go out, I would arrange with a neighbour to sign for the parcel. Today, I arranged my workload so that I could be at home for most of the day next Tuesday.

Steven also assured me that the carrier would send me an e-mail with tracking details for my parcel, so that I could see roughly when the delivery would take place.

10 minutes ago, there was a knock at the door...............

Lucky I was at home, because so far I haven't had any e-mails.


6 comments:

  1. ROFL!! Isn't that just typical, CB! Still, glad you were at home and fingers crossed that all your problems are now over.

    Be patient on the follower front. After all, your blog isn't yet quite a week old. :-) Anyway, it's always the case that far more people read a blog than are listed as followers. Have a quick look at your Blogger stats (notoriously unreliable but better than nothing) and you'll see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. Perpetua...that DID sound a bit "needy" when I reread it!! What I really meant (or felt) was that it's probably just as well that there aren't too many people reading my daily rant about the lack of laptop! Hopefully, if people DO turn up and come back, they'll eventually see that it was just an episode in my life and that I can blog about things other than my daily struggles with Steven. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, CB, I think anyone visiting would identify 100% with your struggles with technology. :-) It's the stuff of modern life, as I see quite often on other blogs I read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly is! And the next two battles for me are already getting closer: changing ISP and getting a new mobile phone. Aaargh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wot, you're deserting Orange? Shock, horror. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After their sneaky price rise (just low enough to be below the threshold set by OFCOM at which customers can break their contracts) yes! The last nail in a very-well-nailed coffin, along with their "improved" broadband speeds which seem to have "improved" me back to dial-up speed on a bad day. :-(

    ReplyDelete