Friday 18 January 2013

Thank You

To one of my very favourite bloggers Venomous Bead, for passing to me the Versatile Blogger Award. I'm grateful and touched that my somewhat stream-of-consciousness ramblings have found an audience, even a small one. The last thing I properly won was a ten shilling postal order in a crossword competition in my comic, which gives you several clues as to how often something like this comes along for me.

The very best thing about these awards is the fact that they open up loads of new blogs to me, and as a relative newcomer to the blogosphere, that's great.

The very worst thing about these awards is that, as a relative newcomer to the blogosphere, I haven't yet accumulated enough of a blog list of my own to be able to pass on the honour. I feel bad about this, but hope you'll understand.

My other guide to the world of blogs, Perpetua, has provided a helpful solution for my embarrassing situation, and on this occasion I am going to use it. I promise to do better in the future, as my blogging experience increases along with my reading list.

Meantime, thanks again for the mention, and congratulations to all the other bloggers mentioned, whose blogs I will certainly be visiting!



3 comments:

  1. Very well deserved, CB, as I love your posts. I can remember what a thrill I had when I first received a blog award. It made my day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's a real thrill! I'm properly delighted! Still feel a bit of a fraud, though. I'm out of the work "woods" a bit now, though, so looking forward to reading some of the recommended blogs and adding them to my list!

      Delete
  2. It's quality that counts!
    I really enjoy your blog...and when you were FR.Ipodded over the summer I missed my fix!
    And...not that it will console you...even when retired there's never enough time to read all the good blogs....

    ReplyDelete